On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Pit Capitain wrote:
> Daniel Amelang schrieb:
> > Although I _really_ want to write a 'what!?' method someday :)
> Not as pretty as normal methods:
>    class C
>      define_method "what!?" do
>        "the hell..."
>      end
>    end
>    puts C.new.send("what!?")  # => the hell...

My only regret with that, is that I can't define a method whose "name" is
actually an array.

I'd do that with 2-element arrays being pairs of one Fixnum and one
Symbol. (this is because some languages, like PureData (which I *do*
connect to Ruby), select on both a method name and an "inlet number", that
is, an "entry-point" through which the message is entering the object.
Currently I am converting the Fixnum to a number and inserting it inside
the Symbol but that's ugly.

Do you like the idea of non-Symbol selectors?

Mathieu Bouchard -=- Montr٬l QC Canada -=- http://artengine.ca/matju