Nicolas Delsaux wrote:
> Hi,
> as a tutorial to Ruby learning, I'm trying to create a clone of a
> Windows program, RndSig, which allows, from the stroke of a "global
> hotkey" (I don't know if this expression is fully exact), to take the
> content of current text editor in order to choose from it the most
> accurate signature.

If you get stuck on this and just want to get it done, you might
consider creating a Windows shortcut to "ruby rndsig.rb", then
add a global hotkey to the shortcut's "Properties".

Pressing the global hotkey will fire up "rndsig.rb" which would
need to find the "source" window, copy the text, choose a .sig
based on that text, then paste it back and close.

http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?AutoIt_For_Windows
 would facilitate that.

You'll learn more by doing it the hard way but I'd suggest that
Ruby (on its own) isn't your best tool for this.

daz