On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 22:26:30 +0900, Chris McGrath <c.r.mcgrath / gmail.com> wrote:
> It's got a COM interface, so you can use WIN32OLE to drive it. It does
> look interesting, alas I haven't had time to properly look at it yet.
>
> Chris
>
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:49:50 +0900, Martin DeMello
> <martindemello / yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Don't know enough about win32 programming to say if this is interesting,
> > but it claims to do things vbscript cannot, so ruby bindings to the dll
> > might be useful.
> >
> > http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/index.php
> >
> > martin

Wow, thanks! trying this was easier than it should :)

- registered the dll (regsvr32.exe AutoItX3.dll)
- copied the vb example from the help chm in foo.rb
- put require 'win32ole' at the top of the file
- replace WScript.CreateObject with WIN32OLE.new
- ruby foo.rb

Thanks Martin, i just needed a nice keyboard automation tool just a
few days ago and this looks very nice

--
Cristi BALAN