I'll see what version fink has. I try not to build too much myself on
this system, though I'm not sure I have a good reason for it. My
debian system is a mess, maybe that's why. I installed the base
pakages, but built just about everything else from source because
debian's stable deb's are two years old (okay, maybe not two years,
but I like using and playing with new technologies).

Maybe I can find precompiled if fink doesn't have it...

Either way I'll try and check it out. X11 stuff is a bit slow compared
to Aqua, doesn't have built in spell checking (not that I use it on
code, but I most likely should...), and all around just isn't as
pretty.

Thanks,

--
~Travis