On 2005-03-22, Joel VanderWerf <vjoel / PATH.Berkeley.EDU> wrote:
> example:
>
> {
>    1 => 2,
>    2 => 3,
>    3 => 4,
>    |x|
>      x + 1
> }
>
> This is essentially a hash with a default_proc that adds 1 to its argument.

Witty! What's somewhat dubious in it is melting two things which are so
different as objects. A hash is basicly transparent, a proc is basicly
opaque. And an object which has a proc as an attribute in some sense
won't just become a proc...

But, hm, all-in-all, I like it. I always tend to think of hashes as
mappings defined at finitely many places, abstracting from the data
structure which implements it (and gives it its name).

Csaba