On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 23:54:54 +0900, Tom Copeland <tom / infoether.com> wrote:
> I've just released v0.1 of Revolution, a Ruby binding to the excellent
> Evolution personal information management (PIM) application.
Hi Tom,

This sounds great...

A small suggestion for improvement: mkmf.rb has support for
pkg-config, and that will let you know whether the .pc files were
found or not (returns nil if not found):

require 'mkmf'

pkg_config('libebook-1.0')

In addition, at first attempt, it appears that your extension is
compatible with the latest versions of Evolution's libraries (1.2) as
well, by just replacing 1.0 with 1.2 in extconfig.rb.

So perhaps your extconf.rb use this idiom, to use the latest and
fallback to the older:

pkg_config('libebook-1.2') || pkg_config('libebook-1.0')

Regards,
Leon