On Mar 21, 2005, at 3:59 PM, Al Abut - alabut.com wrote:

> Hi all, I'm (very) new to Ruby and I'm blogging out every day of a 3
> week course to learn the language, you're all more than welcome to join
> in:
>
> http://alabut.com/nonsense/2005/03/learn-ruby-in-3-weeks.html

Welcome to the Ruby language and community.

> I'm new to the list/group as well, so I'm not sure what the ratio of
> newbies to experts is here, but there might be a few that would like to
> brush up on the basics or know of others that might be interested.

Good luck with your explorations and don't hesitate to shout if we can
help illuminate some concept you run into with your studies.  We love
to help.

When you have a little more experience and want to practice your new
language skills, take a stab at solving one of the Ruby Quizzes.  A new
challenge is posted to this list every Friday, so you'll find one that
interests you eventually.  Until then, start reading the solutions
people send in.  That's a great way too get use to idiomatic Ruby.

Again, good luck and welcome!

James Edward Gray II