> Just to be clear, the 10x claim is specifically for web app development
> using Ruby on Rails vs web app development using mainstream java frameworks.
> I make no such claim for general Ruby vs Java development.

Good point.  I was refering to Ruby in general, but really Rails
specifically.  I have quite a bit of stuff related to rss and web
services that could easily exist independently of Rails, but it was
all written for the purpose of plugging into it.  I still feel more
productive whether I'm working on the independent stuff or if I'm
working on things that are clearly within the domain of Rails.  Again,
this is all anecdotal.  But I think we'll ultimately find that it's
impossible to escape the anecdotal issue.
--
Bob Aman