> It seems as if several of us have written this at some point.  I wrote
> mine completely in Javascript and called it Mediate.  But will this
> ever have anything to do with Ruby?  It seems to be all Javascript and
> XML (mine was Javascript and XHTML)
>
> I'm not knocking it with Ruby, I'm just not seeing a connection.  Any
> enlightenment?

Maybe someone wants to develop Ajax-like apps for Ruby ?

If so, James Britt has recently published a pretty neat library that's
related to this concept.

It seems some other people call this technique "JSON", it's not XML
based but it basically serves for the purpose of transparently
transferring data structures between a language sitting on the httpd
and client side javascript.

http://rubyforge.org/projects/orbjson/