Douglas Livingstone wrote:
> How do you handle browsing the web then?

I use browsers that either allow me to override the color scheme or per
default use gray on black (like links in text mode).

> I don't quite understand your problem, especially considering I am
> writing this with black on white in gmail.

If possible I am using a terminal emulation with green (lime) on black
(as it was used by ancient monitors :-).  In Thunderbird I use black on
gray - and start cursing when someone sends me an HTML-Mail with
hard-wired black on white.

The problem is not that I cannot read the text if it is black on white
but it is definitely stress for my eyes. I only have this problem with
monitors. Books are something different but I must admit that I prefer
recycling paper because it is somewhat gray (unless it smells).

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt