A fun trick I whipped up to make syntax.carldr.com more useful to me.
It's a bit messy and probably brittle (as my elisp is weak) but it
works.

	     (define-key ruby-mode-map (kbd "C-c M-|")
	       (lambda (reg-start reg-end) (interactive "r")
		 (shell-command-on-region reg-start reg-end "curl -s -F
'description=Code' -F 'code=<-' http://syntax.carldr.com/syntax/make |
grep 'Link 2:' | /usr/local/bin/ruby -e 'print gets[/http:.*/]' |
pbcopy")))

It allows me to hit crtl-c meta-| in any ruby buffer and it posts the
current region to http://syntax.carldr.com/ and copies the resulting
http://smallr.com url to my OSX clipboard. Yay for glue!

Things to note:
 * It uses an unannounced and probably non-final CLI interface to the
paste-site. Carl may very well break it.
 * This posts whatever is in your region to a public server. Don't do
it to sensitive data!
 * It occasionally fails for an unknown reason, probably a
network/curl issue, repeating the command works.
 * My Emacs doesn't read my environment properly and I've never
bothered to fix it. So the full path to ruby is used. Fix it if you
need too.

-- Xian