In data 3/19/2005, "James Edward Gray II" <james / grayproductions.net>
ha scritto:

>On Mar 19, 2005, at 11:49 AM, Florian Gross wrote:
>
>> While you might argue that modifying a String can be faster than
>> constructing a new one based on the old one, I still think that that
>> is not what matz had in mind when adding them. I'm not sure if this
>> truly is how this feature was meant to be used so it's probably best
>> to take this with a grain of salt until matz has clarified the
>> situation.
>
>I like the current behavior and have used it in if statements more than
>once, just to throw another log on the fire...

I can see that in some cases; on the other hand chaining
would be enormously fun and useful.

In the end, though, this just ties in with one of my
firmly held beliefs: the success or failure of an
operation should be indicated separately of its
return value.