On Saturday 19 March 2005 07:59 am, Robert Klemme wrote:
> "Christian Neukirchen" <chneukirchen / gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:m2vf7n28y0.fsf / lilith.local...
> > Better use String#delete! for that, no?

> For direct removing slice! and String#[]= are most efficient:

What is the significance to the # in String#delete! and String#[]= above?  (I
can't find anything with the # in it like that in "Ruby In a Nutshell"--is it
something new, or just some shorthand/jargon?  (Or did I look in the wrong
places ;-)

> >> Benchmark.bm do

Ahh, that's useful, I was using Time::now to time my functions.

Randy Kramer