Laurent Sansonetti <laurent.sansonetti / gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.artima.com/weblogs/viewpost.jsp?thread=98196
>
> But who cares? :-)

Ruby was a language that was designed and inspired from other
languages...  It's interesting to know what others think and how other
languages are evolving.

Ruby blocks are just syntactic sugar for a special-case lambda.  Ruby
doesn't support generic lambda half as cleanly, as say, Scheme.  What
seems to be happening in the case of Python is that syntactic sugar is
being added to do what people used to do with lambda and so support
for the later is being removed.

Guido makes some good points...  For example, I don't know about you,
but I always have trouble with non-trivial reduces as well.

Cheers,
Navin.