[snip]
> > Paul wrote an article about his recommendations for current
> > undergraduate C.S. students.  And plugs Ruby while he's at it.
> >
> > http://paulgraham.com/college.html
> >
> > "... What you should learn to get a job depends on the kind you want.
> > If you want to work in a big company, learn how to hack Blub on
> > Windows. If you want to work at a cool little company or research lab,
> > you'll do better to learn Ruby on Linux. And if you want to start your
>
> I don't think he "recommends Ruby". He probably means something to the
> effect of "use a dynamic language like Python, or Ruby".
>
> As much as all of us would like Mr. Graham to "recommend" Ruby, I
> think it's for the better if we don't draw conclusions.

Are you arguing about the use of the verb 'to recommend' ?
or else, how do you come to the conclusion that he didn't really mean
exactly Ruby, but Ruby or something else when he has explicitly named
Ruby on Linux ?

I think Graham knows well a number of programming languages, and could
have been explicit about them had he wanted to do so.

IMHO it's for the better if we don't draw conclusions about certain
reptiles when Graham hasn't mentioned any in the entire essay.