On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 11:54:41 +0900, Joe Van Dyk <joevandyk / gmail.com> wrote:
> Paul wrote an article about his recommendations for current
> undergraduate C.S. students.  And plugs Ruby while he's at it.
>
> http://paulgraham.com/college.html
>
> "... What you should learn to get a job depends on the kind you want.
> If you want to work in a big company, learn how to hack Blub on
> Windows. If you want to work at a cool little company or research lab,
> you'll do better to learn Ruby on Linux. And if you want to start your

I don't think he "recommends Ruby". He probably means something to the
effect of "use a dynamic language like Python, or Ruby".

As much as all of us would like Mr. Graham to "recommend" Ruby, I
think it's for the better if we don't draw conclusions.

--
Premshree Pillai
http://www.livejournal.com/users/premshree/