Douglas Livingstone wrote:
> Almost every web site uses black on white because it gives the *most*
> contrast... if you have a problem, or know anyone with such a
> problem, suggest to them to make their monitor less bright.

That does not solve the problem. The problem is that modern monitors do
not have phosphors that match their refresh rate. Given the phosphors
that are used these days I would need a monitor with a refresh rate of
about 400 Hz to find black on white acceptable. No chance to compensate
using lower brightness. I wished this *were* a hypothetical problem :-|

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
--
Dear President George Walker Bush,
the way in which it is tried to install a software patent directive