gabriele renzi wrote:
> notice that yarv handles this just fine:
> C:\yarv>ruby19 -rite ack.rb
> 8189
>
> and it should support TCO (koichi said he wants to run scheme on yarv,
> so this would be mandatory), but I think it does not do this yet.
> So, if yarv becomes the ruby2 vm this would be yes :)

YARV certainly does sound terrific.  I wish we could do something more
to speed its completion.  From what I've read, I think the combination
of significantly faster execution and other advanced features will
radically alter the perception of Ruby.  Will we have to wait until XMas
2005 (or longer) for YARV to become the standard?

--
Glenn Parker | glenn.parker-AT-comcast.net | <http://www.tetrafoil.com/>