On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:54:46 +0900, Martin Ankerl
<martin.ankerl / gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I have been thinking a bit on creating a new language shootout. All
> the available shootouts focus mostly on performance benchmark, I want
> one that focuses more on code readability, required time to implement,

Interesting, but they are too subjective to be trivial.

One way to do it is:
1. Have as many people as you can to write the programs you intend to,
in different languages, and then do some stats.
2. Re readability, conduct some kinda survey.

The problem with doing anything like this is that it's difficult to
find people who're neutral. If (and when) you do something like this,
you'll need to find people who're language agnostic, or are new borns,
or those who've never programmed in their lives before (somebody will
have to give 'em tutorials on all the languages you plan to survey).

-p

--
Premshree Pillai
http://www.livejournal.com/users/premshree/