> > BTW, I wonder how do you think to rate the time required to implement
> > something. I could take a week to write a quicksort in ML, but probably
> > an MLer could do that in one minute.
>
> I don't really know right now, but any suggestion is very welcome. Maybe
> I just try to find nice programming tasks where design really matters
> and performance is pretty irrelevant, and just present the solutions
> without any rating.

Get the creator of each language to write the code? Really come up
with a decent small but complex task and approach Wall, Gosling, Matz,
Guido, Straustrope(?) and so on and ask them if they would be willing
to participate. They could use whatever novel approach their language
affords for doing it, it would be interesting to see the results.

Rob