On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, Leo Razoumov wrote:

> The only problem I have that the BOOK coverage of win32ole is very sketchy and
> does not provide any hints on more advanced usage. I tried Visual Basic Editor
> included with Excel. It lists some properties (with their names) of few OLE
> objects but I could not find out the particular attributes I need.
>
> Where can I learn more on creating automatic scripts for Excel??
> Also any Ruby specific hints on the issue are welcome.

It's a bit old, but Dave Roth's "Win32 Perl Programming: The Standard
Extensions" does cover OLE automation in some detail and I believe some of
the examples and documentation specifically address Excel (sorry I can't
be more specific, my copy is out on loan).  The code shouldn't be too
difficult to translate.  My advice would be to go look at a copy in a
bookstore - if it's got enough detail for what you're doing it may be
worth it.

Jonathan Conway