On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:59:57 +0900, Nikolai Weibull
<mailing-lists.ruby-talk / rawuncut.elitemail.org> wrote:

> > What is really dangerous is someone using the coded algorithms
> > thinking that for a given index N the computed fibonacci F(N) value is
> > correct.
>
> Eh, since when did the GLS become authoritative on algorithm
> implementation?

It is a high visibility set of code samples which don't do what is
written on the box. Through a combination of lazyness and "I'm right
you're wrong" it probably won't get fixed... but that doen't make it
right ;)

Just tack "These are implementations of a modified fibonacci series,
don't steal them if you want a real fibonacci series" at the top and
all will be fine. Except for the guy who wrote the first sample code.
He'll look quite silly. Shame he's probably the guy who  would have to
put up the message...

Douglas