On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 02:09:47 +0900, Raphael Bauduin
<raphael.bauduin / be.easynet.net> wrote:
> Richard Lyman wrote:
> > On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 00:08:32 +0900, Tom Willis <tom.willis / gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > I haven't had any problems since I came to the understanding that
> > Debian doesn't install a very large initial base of ruby programs.
>
> Btw, this seems to be changing from a changelog I saw this morning:
> http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/r/ruby1.8/ruby1.8_1.8.2-3/changelog
>
> Raph
>

> > -Rich

Good to know Thanks.

I was hoping someone could clarify where gems puts stuff as compared
to apt. Also, it seemed like part of my original problem was that gem
claimed to have installed what I asked it to, but did not. Or am I not
done after #gem install something --remote , Or maybe it was just a
fluke and the source of the problem was that missing
active_record/connection_adapters/oracle_adapter.rb that the
install.rb referenced that caused the whole thing to bomb.

Nonetheless, I'm happy to have had access to the source so I can patch
locally if necessary with no threat of being slapped with some silly
DMCA violation.

GO OpenSource!!!!!

--
Thomas G. Willis