On 2005-03-15, Lionel Thiry <lthiryidontwantspam / skynetnospam.be> wrote:
>> Anyway, the short answer as far as I know is "no" :-)
> Too bad! :)

I do like having them. In fact, they are globals, wrapped in the
namespace of a class/module. There are situations when you need such a
beast, and it's better than an explicit global... and better than using a
container as a constant (just because constans don't like being
reassigned), that's really ugly.

My problem is that you can't really access them from the outside, unless
accessor method are set up. By "from the outside" I mean that from code
which is not in the scope of a "class/module Foo ... end" thingy. Does
anyone know, eg, how to define a class variable in a nameless class?

Csaba