On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 14:55 +0900, Hal Fulton wrote:
> Robby Russell wrote:
> >>
> >>If you're blocking stuff, you should probably block other common
> >>redirect sites like makeashorterlink and tinyurl
> >>
> >>martin
> >
> > I could spend days adding filters. I guess at some point, you just have
> > to trust the public a little bit. ;-)
> >

> Had you considered a scheme in which the original
> domain name is part of the shortened URL?
>
>    http://rubyurl.com/www.yahoo.com:ajZkXDls
>
> That way we could at least confirm what domain we
> were directed to.
>
> Just a random idea.

Well, that's an interesting idea. It doesn't quite chop the size down as
much as I would like though..as some domains are much longer than just
www.yahoo.com. What if when you clicked a rubyurl.. it showed a 'you are
being redirected to a site on the following domain... 3..2...1 redirect'

-Robby

* Robby Russell | Owner.Developer.Geek
* PLANET ARGON  | www.planetargon.com
* Portland, OR  | robby / planetargon.com
* 503.351.4730  | blog.planetargon.com
* PHP, Ruby, and PostgreSQL Development
* http://www.robbyonrails.com/