On Mar 14, 2005, at 9:29 PM, Ryan Davis wrote:

> On Mar 14, 2005, at 12:23 PM, Ben Giddings wrote:
>> Eric Hodel wrote:
>>> Combining RPA and Gems is probably not going to be done during our
>>> Codefest.
>> Is there any chance you could start this process a little bit?
> no

Lemme clarify a bit more.

Everyone STFU about RPA vs Gems. It is completely and 100% OT to this
thread. We were mining for data and you guys introduced pure noise.

Just for total clarity, here is the original email:

> Seattle.rb will be hosting a RubyGems cleanup and enhancement codefest!
>
> We would like to solicit your ideas on what you want to see cleaned up
> or enhanced in RubyGems.
>
> For our Codefest we do not plan on making large changes to the way
> RubyGems works.  One thing we would like to focus on is making the gem
> command more friendly when you hit ^C, for example.
>
> Combining RPA and Gems is probably not going to be done during our
> Codefest.

We'd like to show up w/ a prioritized list of things we'd like to do
and maybe even some already failing unit tests so we can be on task
from the very beginning. Instead, we are weeding through a bunch of
dogmatic crap that we didn't ask for and are not much closer to having
said list. I've flagged a couple of email for ideas, but they are a
vast minority thus-far.

P.S. That goes for writing a whole GUI frontend as well. We are meeting
for ONE WEEKEND.