On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 22:59 +0900, Martin Ankerl wrote:
> >> I tried:
> >>    http://rubyurl.com/
> >> and got
> >
> > Hmm.  It's working for me...
>
> It seems to work for all urls, except when trying to create a link to
> the rubyurl itself. Reading Robby's blog it looks like the URL filter
> has a problem.
>
> martinus

Indeed, it's displaying an error as I have a constraint on the
postgresql table to block things like 'goatse, tubgurl, and rubyurl' in
the table itself. RubyURL was my latest "I should see how quick i can
get something up" project. I should be adding some friendly error
messages when people attempt to submit urls like that.

Otherwise, it seems to be working good... hoping to also get FastCGI
running on the server in the next day or two as well.

In a day and a half:

> # SELECT count(id) FROM rubyurls ;
>  count
> -------
>    242

I also hope to add a web service for it so that it can be used by irc bots and such.... in time. :-)

-Robby

* Robby Russell | Owner.Developer.Geek
* PLANET ARGON  | www.planetargon.com
* Portland, OR  | robby / planetargon.com
* 503.351.4730  | blog.planetargon.com
* PHP, Ruby, and PostgreSQL Development
* http://www.robbyonrails.com/