Austin Ziegler ha scritto:
> Hi, folks. I'm in the middle of a major overhaul to PDF::Writer. The
> API is changing significantly. Here are a couple of changes:
>
>     # Set the stroke style. Assume a PDF object instance.
>   pdf.set_stroke_style(5, :round, :bevel, [3, 5], 1)
>     # becomes
>   PDF::Writer::StrokeStyle.new(5) do |ss|
>     ss.cap  = :round
>     ss.join = :bevel
>     ss.dash = { :pattern => [ 3, 5 ], :phase => 1 }
>     pdf.stroke_style ss
>   end

question: why this is not:
  pdf.stroke_style= ss
(this is a question valid for a lot of examples you just showed)

It seem to me that your convention would make sense in the case you used
a TkRuby-like approach by doing initialization with an instance-evaled
block, but looking at the StrokeStyle initialization above it does not
seem so.