* Ian Macdonald <ian / caliban.org> [0346 01:46]:
> On Sun 13 Mar 2005 at 20:14:39 +0900, Ian Macdonald wrote:
>
> > On Sun 13 Mar 2005 at 18:49:01 +0900, Ian Macdonald wrote:
> >
> > > I quickly realised that LDAP::Conn#sasl_bind should also be able to
> > > rebind in this way and that #bind, #simple_bind and #sasl_bind should
> > > also work on SSLConn objects, not just plain old Conn objects. This work
> > > has now also gone into CVS.
> >
> > And I spoke too soon, because SSLConn connections are more complicated.
> > For the time being, you can only rebind regular Conn objects, not
> > SSLConn objects.
>
> This has now been fixed in CVS. SSL connections can now also be rebound.

Lovely, ta. Out of interest, is there a reason you need to unbind before binding?

perl-ldap explicitly unbinds for you if you bind an existing connection
(though by the sound of it that's because you actually make a new connection anyway) -
are there reasons you wouldn't want to to that?

> Ian
> --
> Ian Macdonald               | An intellectual is someone whose mind
> System Administrator        | watches itself.   -- Albert Camus
> ian / caliban.org             |
> http://www.caliban.org      |

'You were doing well until everyone died'
		-- God