On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 00:35 +0900, James Britt wrote:
> Robby Russell wrote:
> > I felt like giving myself a small project to get my feet a bit more wet
> > with a small project in Rails
> >
> > http://www.robbyonrails.com/articles/read/7
> >
> > resulted in having this up a few hours later:
> >
> > http://rubyurl.com/
>
> Nice.  I noticed, though, that you do not get the same rubyURL for the
> same source URL each time you do a conversion.    I'm guessing then
> there is no straightforward has mapping going on.
>
> Would this sort of 1-to-1 mapping be useful?    Two arguments come to mind:

Yeah, that's on the list for things to do. It'll just return the
existing short_url rather than generating a new one.

*working on getting FCGI installed so it'll be a bit faster*

Cheers,

Robby

* Robby Russell | Owner.Developer.Geek
* PLANET ARGON  | www.planetargon.com
* Portland, OR  | robby / planetargon.com
* 503.351.4730  | blog.planetargon.com
* PHP, Ruby, and PostgreSQL Development
* http://www.robbyonrails.com/