why the lucky stiff wrote:
> The vit-core team (assigned to redesign ruby-lang.org) has unveiled our
> first two designs today.  We're rolling these out with a new blog so you
> can comment on each design and watch the RSS feed for updates.
>
> http://redhanded.hobix.com/redesign2005/
>
> Your feedback is essential to this project!  If you have comments, post
> them on the blog soon so we can move this project along.

All design studies I saw so far at first sight look nice but at second
sight are not so good.

http://redhanded.hobix.com/redesign2005/images/john-rubyred-3.0.png
shows large text using serif fonts and small text using sans-serif. If
one uses both kinds of fonts it should be the other way round. One also
should not use underlined and non-underlined links. Given the link
text/other text ratio one should stick to non-underlined links.

http://redhanded.hobix.com/redesign2005/images/michel-clean-1.1.png
definitely is better. What I do not understand is why it reads 'Español'
but not 'ܸ'. Background color is very bright. Something like the
one on the right of
http://redhanded.hobix.com/images/ruby-org-mockup.gif were better (not
to use too bright background colors is a matter of accessibility, some
people have problems with to strong contrasts).

Just my 0.02 EUR

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt