On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 11:27:48AM +0900, Eric Hodel wrote:
> Seattle.rb will be hosting a RubyGems cleanup and enhancement codefest!

Glad to see this happen.

> We would like to solicit your ideas on what you want to see cleaned up
> or enhanced in RubyGems.

    *gem query*

    will list all gems matching a particular criteria. The
    domain may be local, remote or both.

    $ gem query -R -n ^m

    *gem search*

    will list all gems whose name "contains" the given
    (case-insensitive) string. If no string is provided, all gems will
    be listed.

    $ gem search -r log

So one supports regex matches and the other doesn't? One is meant only for
remote queries and the other is indifferent?

There seems to be some overlap here. Perhaps these could be combined into one
command. Perhaps the documentation could be clarified to indicate more
expressly how they *do* differ.

marcel
--
Marcel Molina Jr. <marcel / vernix.org>