On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 14:07:19 +0900, Curt Hibbs <curt / hibbs.com> wrote:
> Eric Hodel wrote:
> >
> > Seattle.rb will be hosting a RubyGems cleanup and enhancement codefest!
> >
> > We would like to solicit your ideas on what you want to see cleaned up
> > or enhanced in RubyGems.
>
> This is probably not feasible, but I'll throw it out there anyway -- I'd
> like to see a GUI front-end to RubyGems... a RubyGems browser of sorts. Rich
> Kilmer started on one, but I don't think it got finished (if it did, I would
> already have it in the One-Click Ruby Installer).
>
> Curt

Yeah - I made a quick-n-dirty mockup that I gave Rich Kilmer and fully
expected pretty much everything to be redone, but I haven't seen
anything yet. For that matter, I haven't heard too much from him on
this list recently... being busy can be good though...

I really feel that until we have a _simple to use_ GUI (something like
synaptic), no method of 'making packages available' is going to appeal
to the general populous (sp?) until then... anyway...

I have no idea where my little mockup went, but it only took an hour
or so to do, so if someone wanted to, it wouldn't take them long to do
their own over again.

-Rich