On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:27:43 +0900, Dennis Roberts <denrober / gmail.com> wrote:
> So I am still learning Ruby.  I am also learning C.  I just did
> Conways Game of Life in C.  I showed my wife and she wasn't impressed.

Welcome to Ruby. I have tried the same, showing some thing I made
and get the same reaction.  I don't know any longer what it takes to impress.

> I then decided to do it again in Ruby.  I was thinking I could use a
> GUI toolkit to make it better looking.
>
> I am looking at them they don't seem ruby-ish.  Or perhaps I don't
> know what I am talking about:)
>
> What is the best one for a newbie to get a handle on?

If you are on windows then a GUI toolkit named Fxruby should have been
distributed with the Ruby installer.

http://www.fxruby.org/

Documentation is relative good (better than other toolkits).

--
Simon Strandgaard