--Apple-Mail-7--844061284

On 10 Mar 2005, at 04:57, Thomas Kirchner wrote:

> * On Mar 10 15:10, James Britt (ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org) wrote:
>> Informal poll: Are there others as leery as I am of tinyurl and
>> similar
>> URL-shortener sites?  While I can understand the value, I don't
>> particularly care to have to click through one site to get to another,
>> and would much prefer to see the complete, direct URL.
>
> In general I agree, I'd much rather see where a link is taking me.  The
> exception is for some sites (Google Groups comes to mind) where the
> URLs
> are literally 3+ lines to paste.  They're as useless for clarity as
> they
> are for length.  (Plus tinyurl has been around a while and most people
> trust them, though you can't necessarily trust its users.)

I find blade [1] to be a far superior archive of ruby-talk to google
groups, mostly because I can figure out what to look for my the
X-Mail-Count header, and a link is as simple as: [ruby-talk:133269]

But I feel that blade has a better interface for reading archived email
than google groups.

[1] http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/

FEC2 57F1 D465 EB15 5D6E  7C11 332A 551C 796C 9F04

--Apple-Mail-7--844061284
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-7--844061284--