On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 05:03:06 +0900, Belorion <belorion / gmail.com> wrote:
> > I believe that this has to do with MySQL changing its authentication protocol.
>
> Yes, if I recall correctly, Tomita Masahiro's MySQL-Ruby 2.5 library
> only works with MySQL < 4.1 (we use 4.0.20 at work just fine).

I created a patch for Tomita's client (which is included as a part of
Rails ActiveRecord) to handle the 4.1 authentication protocol.  There
are, I think, a few issues still with mixed access (i.e. access a 4.1
and pre-4.1 server in the same session) but otherwise it seems robust.

The only way to obtain it at the moment is to install the activerecord
gem (or use svn).

Regards,

Matt

--