On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 02:48:41 +0900, Joel VanderWerf
<vjoel / path.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Michael Campbell wrote:
> > 50-60k in SF?  Wow.
>
> Yes, wow. There are a lot of us trying to live at that rate, or below...

There's something to be said for doing what you love.

> Thanks for the feedback. My management needs to know that certain salary
> levels are unrealistic.

Well, that depends.  *I* couldn't live at that wage, at least not "in
the manner to which I (and my family) have become accustomed".

I mean, you're always going to be able to get SOMEONE for almost any
job at any wage, but considering what you're asking for, the salary
seems extraordinarily low to me.  That said, I haven't looked at the
conditions in SF lately; the last time I was there in any sort of
employment context was 1996, so things may have changed greatly since
then.