On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:55:27 +0900, Laurent Julliard <laurent / moldus.org> wrote:
> Jamis Buck wrote:
> > On Mar 10, 2005, at 8:20 PM, Joel VanderWerf wrote:
> >
> > Just curious: how many people have written a project in Ruby consisting
> > of over 10K lines of code? Even my own most complex lib, Net::SSH, is
> > only 8.5k lines. (Well, I guess it's 16.7k if you count the unit tests,
> > but I'm still curious as to how common this is.)
> >
> > What is the average LOC for a typical "complex" (for some arbitrary
> > definition of complex) Ruby project?
> >

> FreeRIDE (the Ruby IDE) is roughly 20,000 LOC (25,000 lines with
> comments)

I have started from scratch 3 times with AEditor.
Here are the line counts:

aeditor 0:  3560 impl, 4962 test.
aeditor 1:  6204 impl, 4689 test  (more than 10k of lines).
aeditor 2:  3161 impl, 3207 test.

version 2 is much simpler and more robust than previous versions,
even though its half the amount of code compared to version 1.
It took me years to realize that my data structure was too complex.

--
Simon Strandgaard