David A. Blackwrote:

> Dear Rubyists,
>
> We are pleased to announce that five codefest grants will be awarded
> this year, in the first Ruby Central Codefest Grant Program.
>
> Below (in no particular order) are the titles of the five projects,
> together with the name of the applicant and some excerpts from the
> applicant's description of the project.  Thanks and congratulations to
> the grant recipients.  We're looking forward to seeing the results!

This is a great list of enhancements for Ruby!

I hope that the success of this effort inspires people (who are in the
position to do so) to make donations to support  future code grants!

[snip]

> 2. Ruby/AGG and Ruby/View (Andrey Melnik)
>
> This will be a wrapper library for AGG (http://antigrain.com) allowing
> users to draw high-quality graphics.  Later this will be a base for
> Ruby-centric GUI toolkit similar to Rebol/view which is also based on
> AGG

I hope that this is built and released without the optional General Polygon
Clipper (so that it can be used in both commercial and open source
software).

Curt