On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 21:17:58 +0900, Simon Strandgaard <neoneye / gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 20:51:29 +0900, "Pe, Botp" <botp / delmonte-phil.com> wrote:
> > In searchning for scada systems on the net, i noticed that they are usually
> > written in c/c++/c# and most of the systems are proprietary (eg, citect,
> > rockwell) and worst, a lot are running in windows system. There are gnu
> > scada systems sprouting but are very very alpha.
>
> what is scada ?
>
> --
> Simon Strandgaard

From way back when I worked in Industrial Control, an achronym for:
Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition.

Basically a system to montor PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers,
special purpose computers, usually wired up to machines in plants)
that both capture data about what is happening on the system (from
sensors wired to the PLC) and can send setpoint information to the
PLCs (which they use via actuators again wired to the PLC).  There
usually is some PC software which displays all of this graphically.

HTH

Regards,
Jason
http://blog.casey-sweat.us/