From: Dave Thomas <Dave / thomases.com>

> It's available online at http://www.pragprog.com:8080/rubyfaq. I've
> put both HTML and downloadable Postscript versions up (me, I like
> printing it off and reading in bed).

I finally have a reasonably large block of time to work through this, but as
I was preparing to retrieve and print the very latest version, I noticed
that both HTML versions say v2.0, February, 2000, which I'm guessing that
corresponds to the last modified date on your rubyfaq web page, which may or
may not always be the case in the future. It's a minor thing, but I always
appreciate having the detailed last modification date/time on printed
documents. (I was going to report that the domain/path information was
missing on your Postscript file link, but I noticed that you have that fixed
now.)

Is there any chance of posting a PDF file in addition to the Postscript
file? PDF is generally much more convenient for Win 98/NT users (and maybe
also for many Unix users with Acrobat Reader plug-ins as well too).

(Besides using NT at home, even at official work, I generally prefer to
access Unix systems through Win NT, and try to print from it when possible.
My experience with public domain Postscript tools has been highly mixed, and
dealing with raw Postscript files been an infuriating experience for other
users at other places for a variety of inane but not uncommon reasons
encountered in mixed vendor shops with overwhelmed sysadmins. This often
leads to irrational expletive laced reactions (by those impatiently waiting
for a ream of seemingly random print gibberish to finish) against whatever
thing the documentation was about. Needless to say, I'd like to make life as
easy as possible for novice Ruby users.)

I have the previous version of Distiller, so I can produce PDF files from
Postscript files as a last resort--in fact I'm printing off the PDF version
as I type.

Conrad