On Mar 8, 2005, at 3:17 PM, Simon Strandgaard wrote:

> In the terminal there seems to be problem with the arrow keys.
> When pressing arrow_left then I see ^[[D in the terminal.
> pressing CTRL-A doesn't work neither.
> I suspect the escape sequences isn't being read correct.
>
> What is the solution for this?

I suspect Ruby did not link against the readline library when
installing.  I always install GNU Readline on OX X before I build Ruby.
  I can use the arrow keys in irb normally, but my .irbrc file contains:

require 'irb/completion'
ARGV.concat [ "--readline" ]

Might try "irb --readline".

I'm completely guessing here and way out of my area though, so maybe on
of the gurus will have better advice...

Good luck.

James Edward Gray II