On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 02:23:20 +0900, Ramya Ramaswamy <rumyaiyer / gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Iam Ramya.I'am totally new to ruby.I'am a fresher and i have just
> joined work.I have installed ruby and have succesfully configured
> Apache for ruby on windows platform.
>
> I'am havin problems in installin rails.Ruby gems is not working for me
> an i suppose its becos am behind a firewall.So i manually installed
> rake,actionpack,actionmaile,activesupport,rails.
> But i dont know how am suppose to get it working.Read a lot of stuff
> on the net,and i feel totally lost.
>
> Kindly,please lemme know to how i shoud proceed further.Expecting a
> reply.Please Help.

There are some great tutorials out there:
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/01/20/rails.html?page=1
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/03/03/rails.html
http://rails.homelinux.org/

btw, you'll also want to install mysql, but that's covered in the tutorials.
good luck with it, and welcome to Ruby (and Rails)

--
Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)