Christian Neukirchen schrieb:
> Sascha Ebach <se / digitale-wertschoepfung.de> writes:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I want to localize some Ruby files and was trying to use xgettext. It
>>doesn't support Ruby as a language. All I want to do though is extract
>>everything within _("") and _(''). Are there any recommendations on
>>how to use gettext / xgettext with Ruby files?
>

>>How do you extract your strings from your Ruby files?
>

> How about definining _() to log all occurring strings?

I don't understand exactly what you mean by that. I want to be able to
use poedit on indexed files. So I will have to use a a harvester to
create the po files. poedit can then take care of versioning issues.
There is the MLL library[1], but it saves it's strings in YAML format. I
have nothing against YAML, but the problem is that you cannot use the
tools that already exist for working with po files.

I also tried to find a gettext mailing list where I could report this
issue, but there doesn't seem to be one. Or did I just not find it?

Sascha

[1] http://dev.digitpaint.nl/projects/mll