Hi,

I want to localize some Ruby files and was trying to use xgettext. It
doesn't support Ruby as a language. All I want to do though is extract
everything within _("") and _(''). Are there any recommendations on how
to use gettext / xgettext with Ruby files? When I run xgettext through
my files I get messages like these:

xgettext: warning: file `helpers/application_helper.rb' extension `rb'
is unknown; will try C

and

controllers/page_controller.rb:39: warning: unterminated character constant

The second message comes from a comment which includes a '

Obviously it nows nothing about Ruby.

I also found rgettext, but it's functionality is very limited.

How do you extract your strings from your Ruby files?

Sascha