On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Hal Fulton wrote:

> I'd like to think so. But I've found that DBM files
> created on one Linux system can't (necessarily) be
> read on another. For gdbm, I don't know.

I recall that they are prone to endianness issues, and so i would guess
they are also prone to number-size issues, e.g. two versions of the
same program on the same machine may not be compatible if one runs in
32-bit mode and the other in 64-bit mode.

But then, I tried in 1998, so it may have been fixed since. I tested
between a Cyrix box (littleendian) at home and a UltraSparc box
(bigendian) at work.

Mathieu Bouchard -=- Montr?al QC Canada -=- http://artengine.ca/matju