On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 07:22 +0900, Eric Hodel wrote:
> On 03 Mar 2005, at 14:09, Ben Giddings wrote:
>
> > If nobody understands what the stats mean, or where they come from,
> > are they all that useful?  Maybe we should suggest a replacement as a
> > Quiz topic, or something similar.  Given:
> > * The frequency of CVS commits
>
> How would you handle projects that don't use RubyForge CVS? That don't
> use CVS?
>
> > * The version number of the project
>
> MyNewProject v2000.0.0

And a cron job to download it every minute to bump your download counts.

I guess we are not looking for the perfect fool proof and 100% sure
system, but a way to extract some meaningful data. Will there be 'spam
like' problems? Maybe, but we have learned to filter those out,
automatically or manually.

Guillaume.