Well you can blame it on Windows but has anyone tried this on other systems.
t=Time.local(2001, 4,1,2,0)
puts t
I've taken your bug article to heart and checked a number of machines NT
and windows 2000 to see if they switch to DST at the appropriate
time.  They all do.
Ruby returns false for t.isdst
I suppose that's correct because 2:00 on April 1, 2001 as a local time does
not exist.  But there is no reason for Ruby to subtract an hour from 2:00
and report it as standard time and at the same time return false for
isdst.  It should return  nil.  I think this is a bug in Ruby not Windows.

Ernie