In case some folks haven't seen Tanner's posting there is a Ruby Virtual
   Users Group now in action. The project is up at RubyForge[0]:

http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby-vug/

We are going to start actively looking into the team nopaste starting
tomorrow, so in case you are interested feel free to join the Mailing List.

The contents of this email are:
  - What is the Ruby-VUG?
  - Who's the Ruby-VUG For?
  - How Does the Ruby-VUG communicate?
  - Future Project Listing
  - How Does Project Collaboration Work?

What is the Ruby-VUG?
---------------------
The Ruby Virtual Users Group is an online users group focusing around
the ruby language. We recognize that not every rubyist or person
interested in ruby has the ability to be apart of a local ruby users
group. We want an option to be available to others anywhere on the globe
to where people can share ideas, join collaborative projects and
essentially learn from one another.

Who's the Ruby-VUG For?
------------------------
  - people intereseted in ruby who don't have local users groups in
their areas
  - people interested in ruby who don't have the time to meet with local
user groups one day a week or even one day a month
  - people interested in ruby who are constantly on the go

How Does The Ruby-VUG Communicate?
channel #ruby-vug. A little ways down the road we're going to start
looking into group meetings via a instant messenging program with the
ability to plug in webcams, microphones, etc... See the  future project
listing below for more information.

Future Project Listing
------------------------
  - a team version of nopaste [2]
  - a team plugin to Freeride [3] (think remote pair programming on
steorids)
  - an xBase library in ruby [4]
  - ...[add your idea here]...

How Does Project Collabaration Work?
-----------------------------------
Since we're just about to undertake our first project we don't entirely
know how it works. We are committed to finding a way that works best for
our virtual users group. The ruby-vug wants you to feel comfortable
collaborating ideas, thoughts, and to projects anytime and anywhere you
can.

If You've Read This Far You Better Read This
  Some of the project listed above may seem pretty hardcore or maybe
they seem a little easy for you. Just know that there's always a spot on
a ruby-vug project for a newbie, an intermediate or a master rubyist.

If you have any project ideas please feel to voice them on the ruby-vug
mailing list. Also thanks for reading this far, and I hope to see you
around on the ruby-vug list.

Zach
(irc zdennis)

[0] http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby-vug/