Martin DeMello wrote:
> The win32utils installer (from
> http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=85&release_id=1233) only seems to
> install the .so files; the .rb files aren't installed unless you get
the
> packages individually. Is this a problem with my setup or with the
> installer?
>
> martin

The only file you might be missing is mc.rb in the win32-eventlog
package.  The rest are a (usually incomplete) equivalent of the C
version.  We explicitly exclude those (precisely because they are
incomplete).  The only exception to this is win32-sapi, which is a pure
Ruby package, though I don't think it was included in V2 of the
installer anyway (it came out later).

As for why I chose C over pure Ruby in most cases, here's the
summation:

* C was easier for me than Win32API, at least when I started
* Ruby/DL is not production ready
* Win32OLE was not production ready until 1.8.2

Regards,

Dan